This Rawson Institute for Seamen building is located along George Street at The Rocks. It was formerly the Mariner's Church, designed by John Bibb in the Victorian Free Classical style in temple form and built in 1859. Alterations were designed by William Kent in Federation Free Classical style in 1909. A new chapel was built in the Inter-War Mediterranean or Romanesque style In 1927. The Bethel Union, which built the original church was involved in missionary activity among seamen. They leased the Mariners' Church to the Missions to Seamen in 1835, creating a mission for neglected seamen. The complex included accommodation, a hall for concerts and dining, smoking rooms, a library and a gymnasium. After Sir Henry Rawson instigated extensions which were carried out in 1910, the complex was renamed The Rawson Institute for Seamen. Since 2011, the building houses Bar 100, featuring a restaurant, bars and nightclub. The rear view can be seen here.