Saturday 12 September 2015

Homebush Bay, Brickpit Ring Walkway

The Brickpit Ring Walkway is located above a pond in the western suburb of Homebush Bay. The pond was originally a brickpit which was to be redeveloped as a tennis complex, as part of Olympic Park for the Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics. However, during construction the endangered Green and Golden Bell Frog was discovered living here, so the habitat was protected. The Brickpit Ring Walkway was built to allow visitors to view the habitat from above.

12 comments:

  1. Contemporary above nature works quite well in you photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Sydney for the 2000 Olympics, but I have never heard of The Brickpit Ring Walkway. Pity... it would have been worth a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a very pretty walkway..... but really, and endangered frog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours of the glass plates really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't have thought that coloured walkway would work. Just shows how little I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloured walkway and reflections. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat walkway. Love the colored panels and you get a lovely view below. So happy they protected that cool little frog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it, would love to see one of the frogs from there.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very different walkway and one I rather not try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...