These heritage listed buildings are located along King Street, on the corner of Whateley Street, in the inner city suburb of Newtown. The three-storey C. Whatley commercial building was built in 1887 in the Victorian Free Classical architectural style. It now houses a Vietnamese restaurant and a travel agent. The two-storey former Government Savings Bank of New South Wales is a representative example of a Federation Free architectural style commercial building. It now houses a liquor shop.